- (0) Yorum
International Symposium on Managing Land and Water for Climate-Smart Agriculture 25–29 July 2022, Vienna, Austria
International Symposium on Managing Land and Water for Climate-Smart Agriculture 2022
The ‘International Symposium on Managing Land and Water for Climate-Smart Agriculture’ aims to facilitate the exchange of information and knowledge among soil, water and environment professionals from developed and developing countries to advance the understanding, collaboration and capabilities to respond to the impact of climate change in a rapidly changing global environment. It will also draw on lessons learnt, current status, with a focus on new development of nuclear and isotopic techniques to enhance the resilience of livelihoods to threats and crises that impact agriculture and food security, such as emissions of greenhouse gases (GHGs), climate change and nuclear or radiological emergencies.
The objectives of the symposium are to:
- review recent development of nuclear, isotopic and related techniques to improve land and water management practices under changing climate and to minimize the impact of radiological emergences on crop production;
- provide information on the development of tools and technology packages to build soil resilience, adapt farming practices to the impact of climate change, as well as to nuclear or radiological emergencies; and
- identify knowledge gaps, research needs and new opportunities to develop climate-smart agricultural practices to build capacities and transfer of technologies to Member States.
The symposium will cover the following topics related to land and water management under climate change and radiological emergencies:
- Plant nutrition and nutrient cycling for enhancing crop productivity and on-farm ecosystem services.
- Soil conservation, land management minimizing soil erosion, land degradation, improving soil health, increasing biodiversity and crop production.
- Agricultural water management for improving water use efficiency, threats/impact to agricultural water quality.
- Climate change and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Tracing agricultural and industrial pollutants and assessing their threats to crop production and environmental sustainability.
- Advances of nuclear-based instrumental and analytical techniques applicable in soil and water research.
- Integrating nuclear techniques with other advanced techniques such as digital technology in agriculture, GIS, deep learning and modelling techniques.
The symposium is aimed at participants drawn from and including:
- United Nations system and CGIAR organizations, such as FAO, UNEP, the World Food Programme, IITA, Alliance Bioversity, CIAT, IRRI, CIMMYT, CIP, etc.
- Scientists, academics, research managers and laboratory personnel
- Policy makers from governmental, non-governmental and international organizations
- Donor agencies – international, regional or national organizations, foundations and trusts
- Potential partners at the international, regional or national level.
The IAEA welcomes and encourages the participation of women, early career professionals and individuals from developing countries.
Call for Papers
Anyone wishing to present a paper at the conference — either orally or in the form of a poster — must submit a synopsis in electronic format through the conference’s web-based file submission system (IAEA-INDICO) by the deadline given below.
All persons need to register online through InTouch+ by the deadline given below. No registration fee is charged.
A limited amount of space will be available for displays/exhibits during the symposium. Interested parties should contact the Scientific Secretary (see Section O) by email by 30 April 2022.
Key Deadlines and Dates
- 7 September 2021: Opening of synopsis submission through IAEA-INDICO
- 28 February 2022: Deadline for synopsis submission through IAEA-INDICO
- 28 March 2022: Deadline for paper authors to register through InTouch+ indicating required paper information (the system will auto-generate Forms A and B)
- 28 March 2022: Deadline for persons requesting financial assistance to register via InTouch+ (the system will auto-generate Forms A and C)
- 14 April 2022: Notification of acceptance of synopsis
- No deadline: Registration only through InTouch+ (no paper submission, no grant request)